Monday 21 March 2011

Ossie Clark and Celia Birtwell Vintage dresses...


I recently came across these stunning Ossie Clark and Celia Birtwell vintage dresses for sale on the Celia Birtwell website. As a print designer myself I have always been inspired by Celia birtwell's prints which are full of fun and compliment Ossie Clarks beautiful dress shapes amazingly well. I would love to own one of these originals but shall have to stick with my Topshop pieces for now... maybe one day! 




Thought these could be inspirational to many as the 70s are such a strong trend this season... The drawings next to the dresses are the original print designs... so sweet. Any other 70s  designers that inspire you? Or is anyone lucky enough to own an original Ossie Clark dress? Would love to know although I may feel rather jealous!

Apologies for being rather quiet here lately, me and Ross have had a nasty cold all week and only just starting to feel a little better. Our weekend consisted of lots of honey lemon & clove drinks, and movie watching snuggled on the couch... a nice change to do nothing for a while :)

No outfit post to share due to this, but I I'm looking forward to getting myself dressed up again soon!

Posted by: Marisa

5 comments:

  1. these are all lovely, the red is definitely my favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really a great post, love Ossie and Celia a lot. Did you visit the exhabition at Victoria&Albert museum some years before? It was awsome! Ossie is magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red too!

    Viviane, I did amazing exhibition! He is genius x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Trapeze dress at the bottom! Size 10, immaculate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...