Thursday 17 February 2011

Suno Fall 2011

So NY fashion week is nearly drawing to an end. It's been a busy week for us but I've managed to look through most of the new collections coming through for Fall 2011. I find it quite hectic taking in everything all at once, so I tend to take a rough look through each day, focusing on my favorites. So far Suno has really grabbed my attention as well as Anna Sui; an all time favorite and inspiration of mine. I just love this collection! I am a print designer so the mixed prints, amazing colour palettes and embroideries just do it for me! 

Below is a sneak peek of Suno's trend boards from vogue.com, a feature called "first look" where designers talk about their inspiration, and offer us a glance into their creative process.


Erin Beatty and Max Osterweis - the geniuses behind Suno describe there collection as being "inspired by old ladies" with Iris Apfel and Gitte-Lee as their muse in mind. There were lots of layered mixed prints, plaid mohair cape coats (with an English countryside accent) and amazing beaded kaftans... gorgeous!

photograph of suno fall 2011 collection inspiration board” Title=

There are still more collections for me to look through but I was too excited not to post about this one. Any favorites so far?... or any you can recommend to take a good look through? I'm looking forward to see what London fashion week brings next!

Posted by: Marisa

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...