Wednesday 8 December 2010

Japanese works of art...

Recently I discovered http://www.yorkeantiquetextiles.com the most amazing online archive, showcasing and selling vintage and antique textiles from around the world. As a print designer myself I am always seeking new inspiration for my own work. 

 I have always been drawn to Japanese culture and art from the past and present, so I was pretty excited to look through the large and wonderful Japanese section. Here are a few beautiful pieces that caught my eye. They are original water colour paper designs created 1920-40 which were used for silk kimonos.

There are so many stunning pieces that will be sure to brighten up your day or inspire your own work. If your a textile lover I would recommend you have a look :)

Posted by: Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...